The precious gift of the holidays are before us. Thanksgiving, Christmas and all the holy moments in between and after. We love this time of year and we choose gratitude.
Psalm 107:1, 8:
“O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good;
For His compassion and lovingkindness endure forever!
Let them give thanks to the Lord for His lovingkindness,
And for His wonderful acts to the children of men!”
The Gift of a Grateful Heart
Gratitude is transformational. Practicing gratitude disrupts hopelessness. Practicing gratitude develops us into people who see what God is doing and applauding it. Practicing gratitude births words and actions of compassion and lovingkindness.
“To be grateful is to recognize the Love of God in everything He has given us – and He has given us
everything. Every breath we draw is a gift of His love, every moment of existence is a gift of grace,
for it brings with it immense graces from Him. Gratitude therefore takes nothing for granted, is
never unresponsive, is constantly awakening to new wonder and to praise of the goodness of God.
For the grateful person knows that God is good, not by hearsay but by experience. And that is
what makes all the difference.” (Thomas Merton, Thoughts in Solitude)
Here in this mission, we chose gratitude. And not just as a response to God alone, but also to you. Please receive our thanksgiving for all you have done here:
1. You unlocked the impossible, making college available. Young leaders from our mission are in college because of you; some have graduated and are paying it forward. Thank you!
2. You made the best summer camps in Arizona happen for over 600 children. Changed lives are all around us in our Fall programming. We feel the love and experience the testimonies. Thank you!
3. You donated … back to school shoes, food, clothes, gently used items to our thrift store, computers, supplies for programs, really the list goes on … people, kids and youth, moms and dads … lots of people received what they need here, with a hug and a smile. Thank you!
4. You volunteered … you’re a mentor, a small group leader, a van driver, a host family, a lover of people … and lots and lots of people received a touch from God. Thank you!
5. You equipped us to host another Job/Resource Fair and people got jobs and help! Thank you!
6. You supported young leaders in development and these future world changers believe they can do it. Thank you!
7. You continue to build this campus … soon we are having a groundbreaking for the welcome center building. Thank you!
8. You picked us to be your partner in this Christian community development work and together we are seeing people’s lives impacted for good. Thank you!
9. You brought healing here … counseling, healing groups, trauma-informed classes and training, and lots of prayer. Thank you!
10. Your support made spiritual care possible … Sunday church, baptisms, baby dedications, marriages, funerals, quinceaneras, and bible studies. Thank you!
You are the bedrock of this mission. You equip us to continue to be the hands and feet of Jesus, a resource for an entire community that gives thanks to the Lord for His lovingkindness.
Would you commit, once more, to join us in this work with a special Christmas gift today? Your sacrificial giving, regardless of size, has an eternal impact and we are so very grateful.
Be blessed with a heart full of gratitude this season. Your praise to the Lord is joined with a host of others.
God bless you!
P.S. As you prepare your end-of-year financial gifts, don’t forget that any gift you give to Neighborhood Ministries, up to $421 for those filing singly or up to $841 for those filing jointly, can be claimed as a dollar-for-dollar credit against what you owe in Arizona state taxes. It’s a blessing for those we serve, and a blessing for you!