Volunteers are needed in all of NM’s programs — We could not do this without them.
Neighborhood Ministries is a great place for urban mission opportunities for individuals, churches, and other groups.
Individuals and groups have a variety of programs to choose from depending on their time frames and passion. We have year-round programs, weekly and weekend, work projects and once-a-year opportunities. We have community members of all ages to work with, from infants to grandparents. Specialty areas range from teen moms to education to small group leaders and mentors.
For those looking for maximum volunteer opportunities, we have weekly outreach activities to K-12th graders. Small group leaders, activity teachers and mentors are needed in order to reach youth and impact them on a personal level. No expertise is required, just a big heart and a desire to positively influence an at-risk kid.
Less binding/infrequent options are also available, such as serving a meal, hosting drives and collecting goods, and performing work projects (cleaning, painting, building, etc.).
For skilled volunteers, we have numerous teaching opportunities. Our youth and young adults are always willing to learn from professionals through classes, job shadowing, and apprenticeships.
No matter what you desire to accomplish as a volunteer, NM has the perfect place for you.
- Mentor (K-12th grade and young mothers)
- Teach a Bible study or Lead a small group (K-12th grade opportunities, during the school year)
- Serve a meal (to children or adults)
- Host a drive (food, clothing, home goods, cookies, Christmas gifts)
- Work projects (build, paint, etc.)
- Van Driver/Transportation
- Hope House Farms
- Job training
Special Summer Opportunities
Summer is an exciting and busy time here at Neighborhood Ministries. We have our two-week day camp, Kids Club, for 600 K-7th graders. Imagine the supplies and food and volunteer power needed to run this!
- Give your time as a small group leader or activity teach for Kids Club and see hundreds of beautiful faces each day for two weeks. (Monday thru Friday)
- Donate Swimsuits or Cookies – We need 15,000 cookies and hundreds of swimsuits
- Donate Hot Dogs, Buns and Candy (non-melting) – We need 2,000 hot dogs for Carnival Day and Lake Day
- Put a team together to help organize crafts, field trips and other activities
- Help with Carnival Day (first Friday of camp) – Outdoor games, activities, food
- Bring your boat to Lake Day and give kids their first ride on a boat
- Sponsor a Summer Intern
Special Christmas Opportunities
Our annual Christmas Fiesta is a fun night filled with good food, music, crafts, activities, a live nativity and presents for our kids and families. Join us and 1,500 of our closest friends!
- Host a drive for Christmas gifts for children, ages 5-15
- Donate brand new home goods for our families, including appliances, beds, linens, etc.
- Volunteer at our annual Christmas Fiesta – Decorate our campus, serve food, set-up and tear-down, distribute gifts to children.